As I explained yesterday, my house had a bit of a Siafu (safari ant) invasion. After the initial invasion, they must have banded together for the second wave of the attack- the front door. Julia and I fought them off with boiling water- effective for about 5 minutes, then we attacked with salt (a friend suggested you pour salt all over them, the grass, everything to keep them back. That seemed to work and we foolishly thought we had won.
Round 3 happened late at night, I was going to bed and was checking to make sure all the doors and windows were locked when I saw them coming in, AGAIN, through their original attack location. Julia was already asleep, so I poured boiling water down the hole in the wall that they were getting through and then made little salt mountains over all the holes, then I built a salt barrier between the ants and our rooms. At least it would keep them detained in that part of the house if they came back.
When I got up this morning, we were siafu free but I have a ton of salt to clean up!
In answer to one of the comments, Doom (the pesticide we used) probably wouldn't be found in the States- its hard core stuff! It stinks up the house and I try to clean it off me whenever I get it on me- it's pretty nasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment