... the trek north ...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Best Quote This Week (so far....)

I was chatting with the guards at my gate when I came home from work today. Everyone here lives in gated, guarded compounds (like with razor wire, broken glass and electric fences over the 10 ft walls). Everyone. Its just the way it works- especially in Town. So you get to know your guards really well! I have had great friends in the guards I've had at all my places (and work places). These guys are great.

So I was chatting with the day guards today and they were teasing me about something but then they said "Kila siku- hakuna matata lakhini ikiwa nyesha- hakuna matatus!" Roughly, that's "All of the time- no worries but if there is rain- no matatus! (public transport).

HAHAHAHHA tooo funny! It looses something in the translation but trust me- its hilarious!

No comments: