... the trek north ...

Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Good Friday and Easter just seemed to come out of nowhere this year.  Part of it is probably because work has been crazy lately.  Part of it is the lack of Cadburry Egg commercial in East Africa.   Most of you are thinking "Geez Linds, just look at a calendar!"  which is true.  I'd have a better idea holidays were coming if I looked at a calendar more often.  But I think the real reason Easter snuck up on me this year is because my church here doesn't follow the church calendar. and I miss it.  I miss Lent and the 40 day march to Easter.  It puts it all into perspective.  Easter doesn't just come out of nowhere if you are anticipating it for 40 days. 

I know liturgy and church calendars are a little old school for some people, and that's fine.  But I love it. I love that all of the holidays and important things aren't just "stand alone" days that come out of no where. They all fit together in a huge puzzle.  Advent is connected to Christmas which is connected to Epiphany which is connected to Lent which is connected to Palm Sunday which is connected Good Friday which is connected to Easter which is connected to Pentecost which is connected ....  At the end of the year, we've walked through the entire story from start to finish.  It gives context and perspective. 

So have a great Good Friday! Even if it came out of nowhere and surprised you!  Please keep praying for the rain to hold off tomorrow during Youth Group- we've had yet another week of torrential rains and we still don't have a place to put the Youth if it rains.

No comments: