I love acquiring new skills. The world is huge and there are about a bazillion things I don't know and I love learning new things! There is new food to cook, new languages to learn, there's always something new. So this week's new skill: web design!!
A couple months ago, my boss asked me to start working on a web page for a group of women who are making purses, bags, jewlery, etc. I was intriged but told him I'd never even attempted to design a web page. Never. Nada.I know literally nothing about it. I post this blog but that requires no real computer skills (type in the box, add the pictures, hit the "publish" button and you're done!). This project seemed slightly more involved (considering that it involves multiple linked pages, a scary html portion, etc) but I told him I'd give it a try.
But life got busy. My friend didn't get the pictures to me right away, I procrastinated, Theresa came (look at how I'm throwing you under the bus for my lack of planning Therese!) but today I was finally in possession of the needed pictures, didn't have a guest, was ahead with my regular work and acutally had some time to play around with this program.
It's REALLY fun!! I love it! It's not nearly as complicated as I imagined (although my site is pretty basic). I got the bulk of it done today but I still have some work to do on it before it goes live but I'll post the link when I get it up! I love learning something new!
No comments:
Post a Comment