... the trek north ...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Operation Covert Thanksgiving Surprise was a sucess!!!

A few of you might have known about a super secret plan to surprise my family this Thanksgiving. I had already planned to come home this holiday season because my brother is getting married and I was NOT going to miss that. My family was lead to believe that I wasn't going to arrive until AFTER Thanksgiving. What they weren't aware of was the fact that I had changed my ticket before I purchased it- arriving in Detroit the night BEFORE Thanksgiving. Kel and Gavin would pick me up, I'd get a few hours of sleep at their house, we'd drive to my grandfathers on Thanksgiving morning and surprise my parents who were still expecting me to arrive the day after Turkey Day.

Of course this entire plan depended on Kel keeping this whole plan a secret (which she did EXCEEDINGLY well!)

I had some ridiculous travel delays but after about 38 hours of travel, I got to Detroit, met up with Kel and Gavin, went back to their place for a few hours of sleep, we got up, drove up north to our grandfather's house.

I hid in the back seat while Kel and Gavin, DJ and Alicia tried to get my mom and dad to come out of the house and "help them bring in some stuff". Mom came over to the car, I popped out and surprised them all. It was the best Thanksgiving surprise ever!!

I had a wonderful time with my family, stayed up all night to brave the Black Friday shopping insanity, and now I'm ready for some serious sleep (I haven't slept more then an hour here and there for the past 60 some hours-I'm sure I'm a REAL joy to be around!)

Here we are, leaving at midnight to start our Black Friday shopping! Welcome to the insanity Alicia!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an AWESOME Surprise....I bet your parents were excited! I will see you at DJ's wedding!

Jaime said...

Wow, great job Kelly on keeping that secret! Glad the covert operation was a success!