... the trek north ...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hmmmmm

I'm intrigued. My mom was telling me about a guy who decided to post a photo a day of his life, every day over the course of a year. That sounds like fun. And a challenge. I love challenges. I also love to take pictures. And some of mine turn out halfway decent. I think it would be interesting to daily examine my life in East Africa and try to explain it in one picture each day. The question is can I commit to taking a half way decent picture EVERY SINGLE DAY for a year? Because if I start- I'll hate it if I quit half way through (I HATE quitting- I'm such a goody-two-shoes). The other major challenge is I can't post pics I take a work (which are some of my best). But I do love a challenge. And I do love to take pics. And it would be pretty cool to have 365 days of life in East Africa. Will they all be quality? Probably not. But it could be cool.

So I'm thinking. Maybe I'll try a pic a day for the week and see if I can manage to find a post-worthy pic each day this week.

To start the trial off, here's today's pic (obviously not in East Africa yet):
My Dad's famous Special Recipe Chex Mix for the masses (yummy!!!). You know its Christmas when this stuff appears!! By the way, I know that TECHNICALLY Christmas was a few days ago but my fam is celebrating it together later this week so we are dragging the whole season out.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love the idea of you doing one picture per day for a year. But yeah, it would be hard. I've heard of a couple ppl who do that, but as much as I love taking pictures, I don't take them often. But I think it's a cool idea.
BTW-your pic made me miss chex mix. Enjoy it!!!