... the trek north ...

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

40

40 is a big number in the Bible.  40 days and nights of rain for Noah.  40 years of wandering in the desert for Israel.  Jesus was in the wilderness for 40 days to prep for his years of ministry.  And Lent is 40 days long.  40 days to think about WHY Jesus came. 

I came across this video yesterday and I love it! I love the drawings, I love the music, and I love that Jesus is portrayed not only as reverent but also as a guy who loves and enjoys creation. 



So Happy Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent.  Lent is always one of my favorite times.  I really miss the liturgy and churches that mark days like this but I remember them!  Oh and I miss paczkis for Fat Tuesday too- can't find those here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and lenten suppers!