So I love rainy season. The rain gets kind of annoying, the termites are crazy (see my previous post about Termite Attacks) but the fruit that is out this season is AMAZING!!!! I tell my friends that we just don’t get stuff like this back in the States- we definitely don’t get anything this fresh, but I’ve never seen most of these fruits at my local Meijers! I mean we are talking passion fruit, tree tomatoes, guava, mangoes, pineapples, pears and some other fruits I’ve never heard of or seen before in my life!
This is my kikapu- or the basket I carry all my veggies and fruit in from the market.
So here is passion fruit- it comes in a few different colors, but basically you peel off the hard shell (kind of like an egg) and eat the seeds that are encapsulated in the juice. It’s really good- a little bitter and it kind of looks like a brain but yummy!
Tree tomatoes are super sour and the juice stains pretty much everything, but they are really good in fruit salad.
I still don’t know what this one is called- I’ve asked friends, people in the market no one can tell me what it’s called. It’s kind of like passion fruit- sour and you eat the little seed/juice capsules inside and this one is CRAZY sour.
And this one, I don’t know what this one is called either. And I don’t know what it tastes like because I’m still waiting for it to ripen (the mama in the market told me to wait a week before I try it) but I’m told it had the texture of a mango but it almost sickeningly sweet. I guess we’ll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment