... the trek north ...

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sokoni (aka: In the Market)

So here is where I spend my Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings- at the market. I love to go to the market and talk with the mamas and fight over the prices, and try new fruits and vegetables that I've never seen. So today, a few of my friends let me take some pictures. Not all of my usual ladies wanted to be photographed so this is only a few of my friends but you can get an idea of what the market is like (but none of these pictures capture the vast amount of people and food crammed into this market!!)



So I look a little goofy in this picture, but you can see a lot of the market behind me



So I was given this little guy as a gift- I told the guy that I can't keep pets and he's too small to eat, so I just took a picture instead.

I buy a lot of my fruit from these mamas- their pears are seriously the best pears I've ever had
And here is the mountain of pineapples that are in the road each week- yummy!!!

No comments: