... the trek north ...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Legs Are Blue

Not exactly sure how I managed this, but I dyed the the backs of my legs blue today while doing my laundry.

I do my laundry by hand (as in buckets and hand scrubbing- the room looks like an ocean by the end of it all) and I was wearing my blue-ish kanga that I always wear when I do the wash. (A kanga is a wrap-around skirt. Many Kenyan women wear them while cleaning, doing laundry etc so you don't get your clothes dirty- you can wear them over your good clothes or just wear that to work in). I always wear this kanga- its never turned me blue before! But I have very blue, very distinctly dyed legs (complete with blue drip marks). Let's hope it comes out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA pictures please that is awesome!