... the trek north ...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's Official!!!

I'm going to my sister's for Christmas!!! I've had the tickets for a while now, but I was waiting on visas and red tape and all the fun that goes with intercontinental travel when you aren't leaving from your passport country, but its here!!! And just in time- I fly out this weekend!! Nothing like cutting it short! So I get to spend Christmas with family, see my sis and bro-in-law's place and what they are up to and spend some time with a great great friend of mine from college that I haven't seen since college! So excited!!!

Christmas is usually one of the hardest times to be away. I have great friends/family here but its just not the same. Everyone deals with it in different ways. I usually bake my favorite Christmas treats from home (last time I tried to make marshmallow cream from scratch for a recipe- a bit ambitious) and I find new traditions too (like listening to The Vinyl Cafe "Dave Cooks the Turkey"). But it will be really great to be with the sister and brother in law this year!

No comments: