Here's some pics from our day safari to Nakuru with the team from the US that came to help us with the retreat. Great fun- the team is hilarious (because safari is only as fun as the people you have in the van with you!). But this was great. I'd never been to Nakuru before and its very different from my other safari. Nakuru park goes all the way around the lake and is so green! I love the drive to Nakuru- you go right through the Great Rift Valley. I love how you are in these massive Highland hills and all of a sudden it drops off into completely flat plains with 2 mountains in the middle of the flatness. So pretty!

Baboons in a tree

My favorite part of Kenya's terrain- the acacia tree!

Zebras

All the ladies (with flamingos in the background)

Cape Buffalo under the acacia trees

View of the park from Baboon Cliff (where said baboon broke into our safari van and stole our cookies. It then went through the open roof of another van WHILE the PEOPLE WERE IN IT!!! Too funny! I've never seen people jump out of vehicle so fast! And the screaming!!!!)


A rhino and her calf (and the Lion King like birds that eat the bugs on them and alert
them to danger)


Impala

Flamingos!!!


A colubus monkey

As we were leaving the park we saw a ton of flooding from all this abnormal rain. The lake in the park was WAY down (like hundreds of feet down) even after all this flooding and unusual rainfall. I can't imagine what it was like during the drought earlier this year.
1 comment:
WOW! Gorgeous photos. Hope you're doing well. I often think of our days going downtown and spending time with all of those crazy endearing people. Sigh...
Bri
Post a Comment