Ok, one of my favorite parts about Kenya (besides amazing people, great friends and beautiful landscapes) is nyama- aka MEAT! I am a carnivore. You all know this. Its not a meal if there isn't some form of meat involved (ok that's a stretch-I go days without eating meat here but you know what I mean!). I love meat. And in Kenya, you can get meat (unlike other areas of the world I have lived). And I've even found some great, clean places to get fresh meat! Even better!
Today, a co-worker took me to this great place just around the corner from our office for nyama. Its a butchery/restaurant and it is GOOD!! You can't get much fresher then eating INSIDE the butcher shop! Its hilarious- you walk in and first its the butcher- with raw sides of meat hanging next to him (no nifty styrofoam/plastic wrapped packages here!)- and he is sawing off a piece of meat for a customer. And just passed him, separated by an iron grate door, is the 8 seater restaurant. They cook the stew just outside the door and then you eat! YUM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment