I sometimes forget the importance of rest. I mean, I know that it is good, even necessary, but the reality is that my life is crazy and I don't rest as much as I should. I just don't realize how much I neglect rest until I actually take some TIME to rest!
Last week, my entire team hopped on a bus for 10 hours and went on a retreat to the Coast. My boss, an ex-military guy, started the retreat off with a question: what does retreat mean? Its a military term. Retreat means to fall back and regroup (my answer). And that's what we did. We spent the week hashing out business stuff (like reworking budgets, sorting through decisions that we've been needing to make as a team, planning team and individual goals for the next several years, etc) and relaxing. It was a lot of work (we were in meetings from 8am until 3 or 4pm everyday) but it was also a great time to spend as a team. It was also a great time to really relax during our down time.
![]() |
| Sea urchin |

![]() |
| Team swimming lessons |
Now you all wanna come visit, huh?








No comments:
Post a Comment