... the trek north ...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Traditional Kenyan Birthday Suprise

So we have this tradition here, I have no idea where it came from, but on your birthday your friends get to throw water on you. I wasn't in the office on my actual birthday but my teammates decided to take care of it today.

I really only got hit with a little bit but my team leader and a few team mates all hit me with water from their water bottles. I don't really get what the symbolism is but I do know enough to try to dodge water bottles and buckets all day on your birthday!!

At least it was warm today. I'm not so sure it would have been so funny if it was as chilly as it was a few days ago.

I don't think Theresa believed they would do it until the water started to fly!

No comments: