... the trek north ...

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

So CLOSE!!!!

I was 2 weeks away from having an entire year of nothing being stolen from me.  Seriously.  I was looking forward to it! I was going to throw a party!  There was a season of my time here when I was robbed at least once a month- I'd come so far! A whole year without something being taken!  I've seen it all- mugging, snatch and grabs, b&e and now the stealthy taking of cash when I'm not home (which isn't really BREAKING and entering- just entering and taking).

With all of the other robbery issues, I've never know the culprit so there wasn't much to be done.  Now my roommate and I have to figure out what to do about this- knowing the person who is stealing from us. We had some pretty plausible suspicions but gave this person the benefit of the doubt.  We set up a situation where, if this person was guilty, it would be clear.  They took the bait and we had our thief. 

We confronted the person and actually this all ended the best it possibly could.

Still stinks though.  And its making me think through the difference between forgiveness and trust.  That whole "forgive and forget" adage- where did that come from? We don't forget. I can forgive. But that doesn't mean I let you continue on as if nothing happened and no harm was done.  Things will not be the same.  For us or for them.  There are consequences and broken trust is one of those consequences. 

So I guess my current robbery-free record is 11 months 2 weeks- still significantly better then the 1 robbery a month times. Maybe I can beat this new record this year!

No comments: