You all know I'm a little weird. There's no denying it. I live in strange places and do crazy things and not much about my life would qualify as normal. So you may not think this present is as amazing as I do. But I'm really into accessible, clean drinking water for people. Everyone should have the right to clean, affordable water- but that's not always the case.
A few months ago, a friend of mine found out about this amazing (and cheap) filtration system- specifically meant for families in places like this. Its effective, affordable and simple. Perfect for the families we work with. So my teammates and I started using the system in our own homes. All it is is a regular 5 gallon bucket with a hole drilled in the bottom of one side. A hose with the filter is connected and it uses gravity to push the water through the filter. We like it- but the buckets get bulky and they are kinda slow. Effective and faster then my old filter but I'm still from a world of instantaneous results...
But for my birthday, my friend got me the tap attachment we had heard about. It uses the same filter that I have been using but now it hooks right up to my tap and the water pressure pushes the water through the filter. I tried it out- it filters 1.5 liters in 52 seconds (the old way was a good 5 minutes or so)! I love it! No ugly, bulky bucket taking up counter space! This just connects to the tap and presto! Clean water! No bacteria, no sediment, no parasites or viruses!!! I've been filling up every available container with filtered water just to try it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment