... the trek north ...

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Youth Group Games

There are tons of fun youth group games out there.  But most won't work for me.  Either they involve materials I don't have access to or they are too complicated to explain or they won't translate well.  But with a little tweaking, most can be motified to work for us.   

This game was supposed to be a relay game with M&M's and chopsticks. Each student would move one M&M at a time with chopsticks into a different bowl and after a certain amount of time,  the team with the most M&M wins.  Easy to translate, easy to understand but not so easy to get the materials.  I have chopsticks (thanks to my trip to visit my sis and bro-in-law in China a few years ago) and I DO have some M&M's right now but my parents brought them to me from US and there was no way on earth I was sacrificing them for this game!!  

But with a few modifications, this is a really hilarious game!! We used peanuts instead of M&M's and I turned it into a running game.  Oh and we decided to alter the traditional chopsticking technique since none of them use chopsticks.  Fun times!!


No comments: