... the trek north ...
Monday, July 20, 2015
First Days in Anchorage
Ok, who wouldn't want to live here????? I mean sure, winter will be dark and a tad chilly, but seriously! Look at how beautiful this place is! This was taken on the Alaska Highway somewhere between Tok and Anchorage (closer to Tok because it was in the morning but I couldn't tell you where exactly because it all seems to run together!)
So I made it to Anchorage! Safe and sound! Thank you for all the prayers for my travels- my car and myself made it to Anchorage on Wednesday afternoon. The team I'm joining had a lovely welcome barbeque for me- complete with a belated birthday cake! It was fun to get to know some new people, catch up with others that I already know and just start to settle into life in Anchorage.
Right now, I'm still hammering out a lot of logistics. Figuring out long-term housing, settling into a new work environment and trying not to get too lost in the city (not doing so great on the "trying not to get lost" front- praise the Lord for GPS!)
This week will be a figuring out a lot more of the logistics of staying in Anchorage, and then I'll be off for a week of training in the Village with the rest of the CYAK team. I'm really looking forward to that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment