It's no surprise I like a good camping trip!!
This weekend, my co-worker and I packed up 12 of our student leaders and went camping! It was a fabulous time of worship, instruction, hilarity, good food and a lot of fun. There was canoeing (hello- that is my FAVORITE). There was target practice (I had to laugh as we were packing up to go- the pile of weapons continued to grow as each person arrived. I told my coworkers- in my last job like this we worked hard to DIS-arm the students!) There was caribou sausages cooked on an open fire. There was also fresh shot grouse! Gotta love when we are in the middle of a Bible study around the campfire and one of the students is sitting there, paying attention of course, but he is field dressing 2 grouse he just shot. Side note- fresh shot grouse is YUMMY!!




No comments:
Post a Comment