So Autumn comes early in Alaska (surprise, surprise). The leaves were on their last legs in Anchorage this weekend- but I was a bit farther North this weekend and surprisingly, the colors were still at peak around Wasilla!
This weekend our Native Alaska college group, Arigaa, met up with other Arigaa groups from Fairbanks and Soldotna, as well as a few elders. We had a ton of fun. There were great speakers, lots of time for fun and canoeing, great food and lots of great NATIVE food. No muktuk this year (bowhead whale skin and blubber) but we had tons of smoked salmon, fried halibut, moose, caribou, and of course frybread! We all had a blast catching up with old friends and meeting new people.

After the retreat, I went up to the mountain I usually go to to take pictures of the Northern Lights to get one last look at the Fall Colors (the news says snow is in the forecast later in the week...). I'd never actually been up to this place during the day (its actually the parking lot for a trailhead) but it sure is pretty.


No comments:
Post a Comment