Hey Everybody!!! Sorry it’s been a while since I blogged, my computer has been having issues! So this week was a busy week! I was able to visit Amani ya Juu- this amazing ministry to refugee women living in Kenya. Amani helps teach these women a marketable skill (sewing) and then they continue to work for Amani sewing various (amazingly beautiful) things that are sold collectively to tourists. It is a great arrangement because the women can help support their families and have a job that is flexible enough that they can continue to care for their children. I met women from all over Africa working together at Amani (Amani means peace in Swahili). They work together, worship together and are able to minister to each other. Amani is an organization that we partner with (several of our ladies are sewing for Amani) so it was a great to see this place in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment