... the trek north ...

Monday, October 01, 2007

Adventures in Homemade Face Paint

So this Saturday, we had a Fun Day for all of the kids in the various ministries we have around Nairobi. 60 kids, 15 birthdays, 6 homemade cakes, 8 tubs of homemade face paint (thanks for the recipe ann!) 2 volunteers and 1 movie. It was crazy, but super fun!! The kids loved the face painting (although I think I ended up wearing more paint then I put on the kids!). I’ve never tried to MAKE face paint before- it’s interesting! We decided that it would be fun to show Madagascar- most of the children don’t speak much English, but physical comedy and talking animals pretty much translate into any language! So I do believe it was a success (although I still have blue paint on me that won’t come off- at least it all came off my face though!).

Here are some of the pictures from the day- I believe most of these are pre-face painting, though!







This is my roommate with some of our kids!!!

No comments: