... the trek north ...

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Beignets

Ok, this is for mom- I've managed to carry on the Christmas morning beinget tradition! They weren't as good as yours, but they weren't too bad. I was looking forward to the fact that I didn't have to share them with DJ or Gavin this year, but I ate enough that now I'm feeling a little sick. But they were still good!!

S0 here's the proof-

Frying the dough:

Look at those pretty beignets!

And the first batch that didn't turn out quite as well as the rest (I think I had the oil a LITTLE too hot- they turned golden brown the second I dropped them in- and then they burned after that!)
Hope you all have a very merry Christmas! I'm going over to a friend's house for the rest of the day to celebrate with their family!

PS: Mom, here is your Christmas present! I'm using it this year! My favorite part of the whole thing is that the donkey is twice as big as all of the people!

No comments: