I don’t think I’ve looked forward to a Christmas break this much in a long time!!! Today I took my last test of the year (I’m sure there will be plenty to come in the next year, but who wants to dwell on that?) This was my first oral test and I think I did pretty well. Written tests are definitely easier, but this wasn’t quite as bad as I had anticipated! We had been given a list of questions that would be on the test, but the teachers were free to go ‘off script’ at any time so we really weren’t sure what they were going to ask. They didn’t ask the really hard explanation questions that they asked us during the practice sessions (like ‘why do students in America use computers instead of writing everything by hand?’), so that was a blessing! Explanation questions are always hard because you know what they are asking and you know the answer- you just don’t have the vocabulary to answer, or you have to get really creative with the vocabulary you do have in order to answer. But I think I did pretty well.
Ok, quick topic change but aren’t these the coolest looking flowers? This is Bird of Paradise or Crane Flower– it’s beautiful and it even kind of looks like a bird!


No comments:
Post a Comment