Every year, we go to this great restaurant that doubles as a Crocodile farm (its an open air restaurant with little huts spread out all over the grounds) and eat our weight in goat- seriously we ate at least 1/2 a goat and about 3 chickens! And there was only 9 of us! We spent about 4 hours eating, chatting, laughing, exchanging gifts and just enjoying each other.
But this year, on the way out of the restaurant, we ran into a few young Masai men. The Masai traditionally were herdsmen (and many still are). They have a rich and interesting culture and they are one of the most well known tribes in Kenya. So we ran into these Masai guys who started singing and dancing (and by dancing I mean jumping straight up in the air- its amazing to see). So 2 of my teammates decided to try jumping with them. HILARIOUS!!
Usually Masai men and women don't want their pictures taken (or they want payment to take a picture) but these guys asked us to take pictures with them.
I've also come to the conclusion that I'm ridiculously tall (since I'm significantly taller then these Masai guys- and the Masai are some of the tallest Kenyans around.) Maybe I should have tried jumping- I sure had a head start!
1 comment:
You should definitely try jumping next time. Why'd they start dancing & singing in the first place? Was it a holiday or something or were they just performing for you?
Post a Comment