I think this must have been one of the longest weeks of my life. I got back from my Christmas in Asia and hit the ground running (literally since there was a transportation strike when I got back- thanks a lot matatu drivers!). But I also hit the ground running figuratively because this was Retreat Week! I got back Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday I was in the office finalizing all the details for the retreat that started on Thursday and went to Sunday. Insanity. Retreat Week is always insane. There is a ton to do, all this stuff has to happen, there's a ridiculous amount of stress and I'm starting it off with a crazy case of jet lag. But I powered through. There were some amazing highs and some pretty deep lows throughout the weekend (refereeing fights is a regular part of my job and that gets pretty old when you have to do it 24/7 for 4 days) but overall it went well. I have practically no voice left and I haven't had a real nights sleep in more then a week so I'm sure I'm a REAL joy to be around! But God did some pretty amazing things.
But here is my battle scar! I was breaking up a brawl and one of the kids (who was totally old enough to know better) bit my arm! HARD! Here's the bruise after a few days!
We had a short term team from the US visiting this week to help out with the retreat, so today we all went on a mini-safari to Nakuru. Super fun. I love just driving through the diversity that is Kenya. I'll post some pics tomorrow but I gotta get to bed while I can! Yay! My own bed!
1 comment:
Linds....you look like you do my job for a living...that is one battle wound that is a common occurance in my line of work! hahahahha
Post a Comment