... the trek north ...

Monday, June 14, 2010

Water-less Weekend

The water to our apartment ran out. That actually doesn't happen much here. Other places I've lived, a lack of water was fairly common (on internship it was almost expected-everytime I'd wash my hair the water would run out as soon as I had the shampoo all lathered) It was strange though, because all the other flats in our building didn't have a problem. I figured the pump was broken (the pump that pumps the water into the holding tank on the roof) but apparently that was working fine.

A guy came by to fix it today. He was "on the way" from 9am- I think he actually arrived around 2. He's fixed the problem, which is great and water is SLOOOOWLY making its way back into the tank on the roof. We can flush the toilets now but there isn't enough pressure yet for a shower (or for water to even drip out of the shower). Hopefully by tomorrow.

No comments: