Some of my teens have been asking for stories to read lately. And I'm all for encouraging them to find enjoyment in reading (as in not only reading when they HAVE to). I was determined to find them some good, interesting, life-affirming classics but I had been to the book store but couldn't find anything that fit the bill. So yesterday I went to the market to check out the used book stalls. It was like
going back to my middle school days!! There were SO many books I had
completely forgotten about until I saw them again and remembered loving
them!! We'll see how the girls like these! They are definitely all about entirely different worlds then they are used to (but isn't that the best part about reading? Learning about and experiencing new worlds or times or whatever??) And I get to re-read all these fun books!! Here's my reading list for the weekend:
No comments:
Post a Comment