... the trek north ...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

HAPPY DAY!!

I went to the grocery store today to pick up some staples for the week and I was wandering the isles (because I was in the BIG grocery store- with LOTS of choices!) looking for pickles (I found plenty of Indian pickle which bare absolutely NO resemblance to a cucumber or something you would put on a burger!) But I'm wandering the isles and I see it! To my complete surprise, OLD EL PASO has made it to Kenya! I've NEVER seen salsa or taco seasoning here (I usually have my mom mail me the taco seasoning) but its never here! I try to make my own salsa but its not the same. This is the REAL THING! I don't actually have tortilla chips or anything, but salsa is not confined strictly to tortilla chips- I'll eat this out of the jar with a spoon if that's the only option! (Although I know salsa is great on potatoes of all varieties and its great on eggs... but I'm sure I'll find more uses for it!)

I realize that this sounds absolutely ridiculous but hey! Its the simple joys in life! This totally made my day!

1 comment:

The Wittz said...

Oh my goodness I truly am singing Oh Happy day along with you! I am guessing this grocery store is called Naukomat am I right? Jas is actually in Nairobi until tomorrow to get our money. Did you know that Ken Kraus is coming to Kenya in 1 month? He is doing the intern retreat in Malindi. Then in 2 months Matt Hedrick, Mike Neter and Tim Freeman are coming here to our area to work out the planning for Bethany Church to come here on a mission trip next year. I want you to know you are welcomed here anytime even while these visitors are coming, Hankuna shida! I need to catch up on your blog so perhaps I will have more comments to post! Love you!