I love an opportunity to go back the States, visit my family, see friends, eat at Chipotle, but there is definitely a cost (aside from the ticket price) and that cost is jetlag. I hate jetlag. Its horible. But I guess its kind of mean of me to force my body to change so drastically all at once so I guess this is how it gets back at me.
I have a theory that jetlag is worse when I fly East. I don't know if that's true for everyone and I have no science to back it up but I have the hardest time when I fly East (either flying from the US to Europe/Africa or when I used to fly the Pacific route from Asia to the US)- I'm a mess. I have hardly any jetlag when I go West- but East just eats me up and spits me out. Its been almost a week and I still can't get to sleep before 4am each night (which is still better then the days I couldn't get to sleep before 8am- that STUNK!). But I guess the only way to beat it is to just jump into work and hopefully jetlag will sort itself out sooner or later (I'm praying for sooner though!)
But even with the jetlag, it's wonderful to be back! Its hot (this is our summer!! Think August in MI), the new school year is starting so we are trying to get our kids sorted out with schools and all that fun. I'm hoping to start an additional class in a few weeks so I'm planning all that and there's also been a ton of social stuff to do. It seems like all my friends made a ton of new friends while I was gone- all week everyone is calling me saying "you need to meet my friend so-and-so, come out with us!" So I've been making all sorts of new friends and having fun catching up with my old ones.
So that's the news with me! Be praying for Southern Sudan as they are in their 5th day of voting on the referendum to secede from Sudan. Pray for the peaceful voting process (there have been some problems, particularly with attacks on caravans of people traveling to vote), that the voting would be fair, the tallying of votes would be fair and that everyone would have patience as the votes are tallied (the results won't be announced for more then a month).

1 comment:
It's true. I have friends that are German and American. When they fly to see family, they always go to Germany first, then the states, then back here...that way they're always flying west.
Post a Comment