Or maybe not. I swear I haven't always been this discoordinated and accident prone- it happened when I moved here. Or maybe I just have more opportunities for discoordination now. Regardless, I often feel like my purpose in life is to entertain those around me with all of my blunders.
But for today's story- How I Managed to Fall Out of A Bus:
I was on my way to work (on my 3rd matatu of the trip) and we were nearing my stop so I gathered my bags, stood up, walked towards the front of the bus and told the conductor were I wanted to stop. He hit the side of the bus to tell the driver to stop. We swing off the road (well some of the way off the road) and I start down the steps (but you have to move fast because this bus is going to start moving again weather or not you are out). As soon as my foot hit the huge pile of dust (not dirt, DUST its been DRY!!) my foot started to slip but its a hill so my foot is slipping down the hill while one foot is staying planted and I'm tumbling out of the bus.
Needless to say, I landed flat on my butt in the dust and popped something in my leg. I heard the conductor and the people on that side of the bus exclaiming but since my leg would still carry my weight, I got up and kept going- completely covered in red dust.
The first thing my boss said when he saw me was "Did you fall down AGAIN!" but that was better then my coworker, he asked "Did someone try to fight you for your bag??" pointing to my disgustingly dirty bag. Other then an achy leg and some bruised pride, I'm fine.
But even with that unfortunate beginning, I had a WONDERFUL day at work today. I love my job! Even if I fall out of buses to get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment