... the trek north ...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Worth in Camels and Why I Love My Job

Today I got to finally catch up with some of my favorite people in East Africa.  We chatted about what I missed while I was gone, I showed pictures of my brother's wedding and snow.  We talked about a new school year starting and while giving a makeover to one of the younger girls, a girl turned to me and said "you know you're very tall- you'd be worth a lot of camels!"  Ooookay!  So I asked "like how many?"  They talked for a little while (apparently weighing out my good and bad traits) and landed on 36- which seems REALLY high to me but ok! 36 it is!

But this is why I love my job.  I love that we have hilarious conversations about how many camels we are worth. There are plenty of times when I have to be the "teacher" and I don't mind that but I love when I get to be the "friend" too. 

No comments: