... the trek north ...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Plan G

Today was my day off and I had plans. 

Plan A was do laundry (not incredibly exciting but it needs to be done) but I woke up to cold pouring rain- which means even if I did my wash, it would never ever dry (or at least not before it started to stink) so that plan was out.

Plan B was to go to the Meat Market today but it was pouring down rain so hard that this was going to be a nightmare of a trip into town, around town and then back to my house- Meat Market was out. 



Plan C was edit photos- I took a ton of pictures this weekend and I had a whole day to play around with them- adjusting color, contrast, all that fun stuff.   But the power was out when I woke up.  I waited around for 2 hours but it didn't come back (which usually means its out for the day).



So I moved on to Plan D, go to a cafe that has internet AND power outlets to check my email and charge my computer.  I got to the cafe (walking in the rain most of the way) only to find it packed (I ended up running into my roommate and a friend who let me share their table) but the cafe had turned off their internet.  So I left.



Plan E was go check out a different cafe that also has power and internet (allegedly).  I got there, it was also full but I ran into another friend who had a table and she let me share the with her and another dude.  I thought I'd made it.  Electricity.  Internet.  Friends- great way to spend the day off.  15 minutes after I sat down, they turned off the internet (because it was lunch time and getting crowded). 5 minutes after that, they turned off the power outlets.  So now there's no point in staying there. Time to move on to Plan F.

Plan F- go see a movie and hope that the electricity will be working by the time I get back (because I am officially out of options at this point).  This one actually worked out partially.  The movie theater was in fact showing movies.  I was able to watch one.  But when I got home, still no electricity.  So I'm on to Plan G.


Plan G- Sit and stare at the ceiling until the power comes back on? or maybe I should cook a ton of stir-fry- then I won't have to cook lunch all week long.... hmmm that's a good plan. 


6:45pm power comes back on.  I have lunches made for the entire week.  At least I accomplished something today!  

No comments: