I hate birds. Not like little robins that come out and prove that spring is here. I hate birds of prey. Big birds with sharp beaks and claws. Yuck. I think my hate/fear/aversion to birds stems back to an ill-fated trip to Busch Gardens when I was a kid and we went to a bird show where they had huge birds of prey swoop over the audience and down to the presenter... My vague memories of that event are just pure fear- and my parents tell me I absolutely hated it. The rest of the trip to Busch Gardens was a blast- it was just those creepy birds... So needless to say, I've never been a fan of birds of any size.
Today was the day where our Fellowship shares a meal together- and that is always fun. We go early and cook, have a lesson and then eat. We cook and eat outside, which is never a big deal until today. Today, we were bombarded by these huge, nasty birds. And not like tiny little sparrows- I'm talking about predator birds, birds that hunt. Like hawks. Or something. And I'm not talking about 2 or 3 of these hunting birds- I'm talking about 20-30 of these birds. They started circling above us, perching in the trees above us, then dive-bombing our plates trying to steal our precious goat meat!! They actually got some meat off one girl's plate as she was walking! The look on her face was amazing! We all just sat there, crouched over our plates like we were in prison, trying to make sure the birds couldn't steal our food- because how do you scare off 20-30 birds that are completely intent on taking your meat??
So like I said, I hate birds. I'm a fairly fearless person most of the time but I HATE birds. I know its irrational but that doesn't change anything. I still hate them.
No comments:
Post a Comment