... the trek north ...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ultrasound Magic

Today was just a fun day.  One of my kiddos came to see me at the office to talk about her schooling.  She ended up staying for lunch, but I didn't know she would be there so I had brought Green Thai Curry that I had made last night.  FYI Thai Curry isn't an East African Refugee favorite.  If I had known she was coming I would have made something she would eat.  And she did give the curry a valiant effort- so I gotta give her props for that. But I don't think she's going to be singing the praises of my amazing culinary skills the next time I see her.   Oh well- my curry was amazing. 

As we were eating, she was looking at all my photos of my family on the wall.  She loved the pics of my nephew so I brought up my sister-in-law's ultrasound pictures on my computer (because I think twin ultrasounds are just incredible to look at- she sent me this awesome pic of the twins where you can see them both so clearly!).  She kept starring and starring at it and then said "Wait- they are still INSIDE her?!?!!?!?!"  She'd never seen an ultrasound before.  So I explained how and ultrasound worked and she just said "America has magical things!"  Ha!!!  I love these kids!

I'm still having a blast catching up on all the crazy stuff I've missed and I love being able to spend the better part of a day talking with a teenager and trying to help her figure out where she wants to go in life (and how to get there). 

No comments: