... the trek north ...

Friday, January 06, 2012

I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!

So I'm back.  Back in Kenya after a 4 month absence and back blogging after taking a break for almost as long.  Tons happened since I last blogged but it was nice to just take a break and not feel like I have to write about it all. 

I'll give you a "trip back to kenya" update one of these days- it was definitely one of my more exciting trips but I'm beat so this is all you're gonna get for now!

I got in late last night so I went home and went to bed.  After almost 28 hours of traveling, sleep is about the only thing I'm good at at that point.   Today I woke up, went to buy some groceries and then walked to my favorite restaurant in the entire world. Its Ethiopian, its wonderful and its a 15 minute walk from my house.   I've been craving shiro and shekla since I left.  No one cooks goat and chickpeas like these guys.  So here's the Before:

 And After:

And I still have a ton more in the fridge! Now I need to start unpacking and get some rest before I go see all my kids tomorrow! 

No comments: