... the trek north ...

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Makeover

I work primarily with youth.  And in Kenya, youth means anyone over 13 who isn't married, so a lot of my "teens" are actually closer to the age of a younger sister or brother rather then a 13 year old (although we have a pretty big age mix).

Today, the girls decided I was in need of a makeover because apparently the mascara I was wearing just wasn't enough.  So they attacked me with eyeshadow. 


After our meeting one the little kiddos decided I needed a new hair do too.  Several of the little kids didn't believe my hair was real- they were sure I had a weave. After confirming it was in fact my natural hair still attached to my head, they gave me a new do.  So I was just completely made over before I left!  I remembered to fix my hair before I the compound but I had forgotten all the eyeshadow I was wearing.  Oh well.  I'm sure I've looked crazier then this on the bus! 

Fun fun day (even if it involved a make up ambush!)

No comments: