Yesterday, pretty much every plan I had for the day was shot down- one after another. Not a new concept here but it was annoying.
But today, redeemed at least a portion of yesterday. One of the big things on my list yesterday was to go meat shopping but the rain made that next to impossible.
I was out running errands with my boss and a coworker today when they decided to go to City Market. I am ALWAYS up for a trip to City Market because it is a massive meat market (I am SOOO my father's daughter! And I'm also a huge carnivore- this place is wonderful!)
City Market has everything that is wonderful about a meat market- the meat is super fresh, the market is packed with people buying meat so the meat never just sits there- new meat is always coming out, it has all types of meat that are locally available and it is CHEAP!
City Market may have a few downsides to the faint of heart (or stomach)- I've had more then one friend walk in the door, turn a little green and run out (lucky for them there is a huge craft market right around the corner but I think the smell still gets in there too...) Guys are walking through the crowed with huge sides of beef over their shoulders, other guys are filleting and de-scaling fish in the middle, goat legs are hanging up all over and lets face it- the FDA isn't making any inspections. But its clean (even if you have to wade through some fishy nastyness in the fish section). Oh, and you can definitely smell the market before you can see it, but its still one of my favorite places.
I go to the same guys every time I shop- mostly because they always give me good meat at a fair price but also because we all become sort of friends. Today I bought chicken and fish- the chicken in the market is 3x cheaper then the chicken in the grocery store! It's ridiculous! I try to only buy from this market because its just to expensive otherwise (and it shouldn't be! No company needs to mark up their products by 300%). Plus the chicken in the market is fresh, good and I know who to come back and yell at if its bad!
So now my freezer is full and I can check one more thing of of yesterday's doomed list!
So as long as you don't mind meeting your fish before they fillet it for you, this is the place for you!
2 comments:
do the fish sing "nobody knows the sorrow I see...Nobody know my sorrow?" just like your dad always did while we were camping? I still cant see a fish without singing it! lol
hahahha no but I always think of that when I see all the fish stacked up with their mouths hanging open!!
Post a Comment